06 Oct Veggie Ceviche Stuffed Avocado (Vegan)
Posted at 15:01h in Main Course, Raw, Recipes, Sides, Snacks, Starters, Vegan Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes 0 Comments
Veggie Ceviche Stuffed Avocado
Hearts of Palm replace the standard fishy ceviche base in this tangy, spicy, and flavor packed recipe developed for Vegenaise. The key to getting this right is workin your knife skills and making every vegetable component the same size- I like mine super finely diced, but for a more rustic preparation you can pump up the size and go chunky. Serve in pretty glasses or in an emptied out avocado as shown and with plenty of your favorite tortilla chips on the side!Head on over to mayokarma.followyourheart.com for more vegan comfort food recipes!
- 1/4 cup Vegenaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice + 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon inch kosher sea salt
- 1 14.8 ounce jar of hearts of palm, drained and finely diced
- 3/4 cup roma or cherry tomato, seeds removed and finely diced
- 3/4 cup peeled cucumber, finely diced
- 1/4 cup unpeeled radish, finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onions
- 1/2-1 whole jalapeno (depending on desired spice level), finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 just ripe avocados
- Whisk together lime juice, salt, and Vegenaise in a large bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients, besides avocados and teaspoon of lime juice, and gently toss with dressing. Season with salt. Chill filling until ready to use, at least 30 minutes.
- Immediately before serving, slice avocados in half lengthwise and remove pits. Scoop out most of the flesh, leaving ¼ inch around the outside edge (for beauty) and reserve avocado flesh for another use. Squeeze reserved lime juice over avocado halves. Spoon chilled ceviche filling into the avocados and serve.
cooking for luv http://cookingforluv.com/