12 Jan Vegan Roasted Beet Rice Noodles
Roasted beets make a brilliant deep pink sauce to transform an ordinary noodle into something decidedly extraordinary!
Vegan Roasted Beet Rice Noodles
Beet Sauce Ingredients
- 2 medium red beets, roasted, peeled, and quartered (See my little "How To" video here)
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from about 1 lime)*
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- Filtered Water
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 cup julienned cucumber or 1 cup of mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s Thai Lime & Chili Almonds, chopped into thirds**
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chiffonaded***
- 1/2 cup finely julienned spring onions or scallions, dark green parts
- 1/2 cup plain toasted coconut flakes
- 1 package of Wildwood Royal Thai ready to eat baked sprouted tofu, cubed (optional)****
- Lime wedges
- 1 package Mai Fun (thin rice noodles)
- Place all sauce ingredients except the zest into your high speed blender, adding just enough water to cover the ingredients. Blend until very smooth. If not blending, add a little more water. Stir in lime zest and salt to taste
- Cook your rice noodles according to package instructions. Transfer to a strainer and rinse with cold water until noodles are cool.
- Toss noodles with sauce, garnish with all toppings and serve room temperature or chilled with lime wedges for squeezing over each serving.
- *If you can find Kaffir Limes, use them instead of regular limes- the flavor impact is incredible.
- **Any roasted and salted almonds will do, but I love the fruity spice of these almonds
- ***If you can find Thai Basil, you can swap 1 cup of chiffonaded leaves for the mint and cilantro
- ****The tofu is completely optional, but adds a protein punch to this dish for a complete meal.
cooking for luv http://cookingforluv.com/