09 Jun Tarragon Spiked Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches
Tarragon Spiked Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches
A delicate tea sandwich with the punch of fresh tarragon and herbs makes a perfect addition to a luncheon or afternoon tea!
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Tarragon
- 1 Bunch of Chives
- 1 Container Micro Red Amaranth
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Mayonnaise (to taste)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Tarragon Vinegar (or white wine vinegar if tarragon not kosh)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Sea Salt
- Soft Sliced Sandwich Bread, Crusts removed
- In a large pot, place eggs in enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil. As soon as water boils, remove pan from heat and cover. Let sit for 10 minutes. Immediately plunge into an ice bath and leave until cold and ready to use.
Make Egg Salad
- Peel and finely chop eggs. Stir in mayo, dijon and tarragon vinegar. Salt to taste.
- Place herbs and amaranth on a plate. Spoon the egg salad on the bread and cover with a top, repeating until egg salad is gone. Gently press to stick. Cut diagonally in half. Press long edge into the herb mixture and arrange on a platter. Keep bread moist by covering with a damp paper towel until ready to serve.
cooking for luv http://cookingforluv.com/