03 Nov Vegan No-Bake Sweet Potato Pie Doughnut Holes
Vegan No-Bake Sweet Potato Pie Doughnut Holes (in honor of Thanksgivukkah)
- 1 Cup Sweet Potato (about 1 large, 2 Small)
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Coconut Milk (Carton, not Canned)
- 1Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Agave
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Toasted Pecans, Roughly Chopped
Roast Sweet Potato
- Wrap your sweet potato in foil, set on a foil ring, and bake in a 400 degree oven for 30-45 minutes (see a little roasting with rings tutorial here: Put a Ring on It). It will be done when you can pierce with a fork easily and feels tender. Unwrap and cool until you don't burn your hands when touching it. Peel potato with fingers (if it doesn't come off easily, it probably needs some more cooking time). Roughly Chop.
Make the Dough
- Add Sweet potato to high powered blender, start with 1/4 cup of coconut milk and blend. If blender will not puree, add a little bit more milk until it will (goal is to use as little as possible while still getting to a very smooth puree, we don't want it too liquidy). Blend to a smooth puree.
- Transfer to a bowl, add pumpkin pie spice and agave and stir to combine.
- Add coconut flour and stir to form a sticky dough.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough into hands and roll into a ball. Set aside. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Spread Pecans on a tray and roll each ball in the pecans to coat.
- Refrigerate covered for at least 10 minutes. Serve at room temperature. Try not to eat them all.
cooking for luv http://cookingforluv.com/