30 Mar Blood Orange No-Bake Passover Macaroons
Blood Orange No-Bake Passover Macaroons
- 1 14-Ounce package sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquified
- 1/4 cup blood orange juice (from about 1 blood orange)
- 1-2 tablespoons Sugar in the Raw
- Place coconut flakes, coconut oil, and blood orange juice in a mixing bowl and stir to fully combine all ingredients. Your coconut flakes should take on a light pink color.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape coconut mix into 13 2-tablespoon sized mounds, packing together with hands. Place on the parchment paper. (They will not fully stick together at this point- don't worry! When the coconut oil chills it will return to it's solid state and hold the macaroons together.) Sprinkle the tops of the mounds with sugar in the raw.
- Chill macaroons for 10 minutes in the freezer before serving.
- Keep refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
cooking for luv http://cookingforluv.com/