20 Apr Portobello Mushroom Tacos with Creamy Cashew Cilantro Lime Sauce
Portobello Mushroom Tacos with Creamy Cashew Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 cup roasted salted cashews
- 1 large bunch cilantro, tough base stems removed
- Juice from 2 limes
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup filtered water
Portobello "meat" ingredients
- 12 ounces portobello mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Grapeseed oil or cooking spray
For serving ingredients
- 1 radish, thinly julienned
- 6 cilantro leaves
- 6 street taco size corn tortillas or 6 hard taco shells
- Place all your sauce ingredients besides the water in a high powered blender. Add just enough water (less is more, you want a thick spreadable sauce!) to get your mix blending, and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Pre-heat a cast iron grill pan (or cast iron skillet if you don’t have a grill pan) on high heat. When hot, brush with just enough oil or spray with cooking spray so your shrooms don’t stick. Add mushrooms and cook for about 10 minutes, until golden brown and slightly charred on the edges. Sprinkle with salt and lime juice, stir to coat and remove from heat.
- Warm your tortillas over an open flame on your stovetop or in a non-stick pan on high heat just until warmed and pliable.
- Spread a generous amount sauce on each tortilla, top with mushrooms, and garnish with the slivered radish and cilantro.
cooking for luv http://cookingforluv.com/