05 May Fried Avocado Tacos (Vegan)
Vegan Fried Avocado Tacos
This Cinco de Mayo, get creative with your taco spread with my fried avocado tacos! To keep it Vegan, the crispy panko breaded avocado wedges use lime juice instead of eggs to get the bread crumbs to stick. and the Follow Your Heart Chipotle Vegenaise Gourmet gives a creamy and spicy tang without any dairy. Buen apetito!
- ½ Cup Flour
- ½-3/4 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Barely Ripe Large Hass Avocados or 3 Medium
- 1/8-1/4 Teaspoon Ground Chili De Arbol (or cayenne)
- Juice from 4 Limes
- 1 Large Radish or 3 Small, sliced paper thin on mandolin
- 1 Small Red Onion, sliced thin on mandolin (2x thickness of the radishes)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1-2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 12 Mini Soft Corn Tortillas (4")
- ¾ Cup Follow Your Heart Chipotle Vegenaise Gourmet Spread
- 24 cilantro leaves
- Cooking Oil (canola or vegetable)
- Carefully cut the avocado into wedges. From large avocados you will get 6, medium you will get 4 wedges.
- In a breading station, place the flour and chili powder in one, lime juice in another, and breadcrumbs in another.
- Carefully and completely dredge the avocadoes in the flour mix, then the lime juice, then the breadcrumbs, patting to coat well.
- Freeze or refrigerate until ready to fry.
Make quick pickled onions
- Combine vinegar, salt and sugar. Add onions and let sit for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 days.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer (or enough in a dutch oven to cover avocadoes completely) to 350 degrees. Fry avocados in batches until golden brown, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels and season with salt immediately.
- Warm Tortillas on griddle. Spread 1 tablespoon of Chipotle Vegenaise on tortilla. Add 3-4 radish slices, 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of pickled onions, one slice of avocado, and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing!
- For a healthier option, you can spray the wedges with cooking spray (generously) and bake them until crispy and golden in a 400 degree oven (about 15-20 minutes), turning over halfway through cooking time.
- Non vegans: Add crumbled Cojita cheese for extra awesomeness!
cooking for luv http://cookingforluv.com/