17 Feb Chocolate Coconut No-Bake Tart with Whipped Cream and Macerated Berries
Chocolate Coconut No-Bake Tart with Whipped Cream and Macerated Berries
This decadent no-bake dessert is a quick fix for your sweet tooth that looks like you spent way more time putting it together!
Macaroon Tart Crust
- 1 Cup Dry Roasted Almonds
- 1 Cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 Cup Pitted Medjool Dates
Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 7 Ounces of Coconut Cream/Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 6 Ounces of Your Favorite Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Mixed Berries
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice or Rose Wine
Make Your Tart Crust
- In the food processor, mix your almonds, coconut, and dates until the mix starts to form a ball move as one unit. Remove from processor, and divide into the size you would like your tarts to be.
- Form your crust shape with a crater in the middle. Be creative!
Make Your Filling
- Place your chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Place your coconut cream in a microwave safe bowl and nuke until hot, about 1 minute.
- Pour hot coconut cream over chocolate chips, stirring until chocolate is melted and combined.
- Place mixture into your piping bag.
- Pipe filling into crust and place tart in freezer to set for about 20 minutes (or fridge if you have more time to wait).
- Smush berries a bit with the back of a wooden spoon. Place berries, sugar, and lemon juice (or vino) into a bowl and toss to coat. Set aside to do its thing for at least 15 minutes and up to overnight.
- Combine chilled cream and sugar in a chilled bowl. With your chilled whisk, whisk mixture quickly until soft peaks form (or use an electric mixer)
Putting it All Together
- Remove tart from freezer and garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and decorate with berries.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve. You can make everything besides the whipped cream up to 1 day ahead (whipped cream will lose its whip if made ahead). Serve at room temperature.
- Make it easier: Buy whipped cream and use defrosted frozen berries sprinkled with sugar.
- Play: Add spices like cinnamon and chili powder or extracts like mint, almond, or vanilla to your filling mixture. Play with different types of nuts for the crust; hazelnuts, walnuts or pecans are great.
- Vegans: Looking for a vegan version? Use vegan chocolate chips, shaved vegan dark chocolate bars, or cocoa powder and whip up some coconut cream instead of dairy based whipped cream using the same process.
cooking for luv http://cookingforluv.com/