22 Sep Shredded Carrot Salad with Pistachio, Apple, Mint and Dates
Shredded Carrot Salad with Pistachio, Apple, Mint and Dates
Developed for my favorite vegan mayo brand, Follow Your Heart's Vegenaise, this raw, vegan, and gluten free shredded carrot salad is incredibly easy yet deliciously complex.
- 1 pound fresh carrots
- ½ cup Vegenaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1 cup Granny Smith apple, unpeeled and julienned
- 1/2 cup firm pitted dates (Honey or Deglet Noor work well), sliced into rings
- ½ cup toasted pistachios
- ¼ cup mint leaves, chiffonaded
- Shred your carrots with the food processor shred blade, or on a box grater. Will yield about 4 cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk lemon juice, salt, and cumin into Vegenaise. Toss remaining ingredients until evenly coated.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled. If making ahead, wait to add the pistachios until just before serving to keep them crunchy.
cooking for luv http://cookingforluv.com/