07 Jul Caramelized Onion Jam
Caramelized Onion Jam
Try this onion jam over homemade ricotta spread on crostini or as a savory sandwich spread.
- ¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ Cup Dry Red Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 2 Red Onions, Peeled and thinly sliced on mandolin
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Heat oil in large saute pan, add onions and cook over medium low heat for about 30 minutes, until onions start to turn golden. Add remaining ingredients and cook until liquid has completely reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer jam to a cutting board and roughly chop.
- Let cool and transfer to jar. Store covered in the fridge for up to two weeks.
cooking for luv http://cookingforluv.com/