11 Aug Beet Tartare Canapes ( Vegan )
Beet Tartare Canapes ( Vegan )
A loose interpretation of the flavors native to a traditional beef tartare, with the addition of walnuts for a bit more heft and all vegan ingredients. Don't skip the roasting of the beets, it brings out the deep earthy flavors to bring the dish together, and make sure you really chop the ingredients tiny for the perfect tartare texture. If you cut your toasts into 2 inch rounds, you will have enough for 16 canapes. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1/2 pound baby beets, roasted and peeled (a little tutorial here http://cookingforluv.com/how-to-roast-beets/), brunoised (very finely diced)
- 1/4 cup toasted unsalted walnuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red onion, brunoised
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt cured capers, minced
- Fresh ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons Vegenaise Horseradish sauce
- Microgreens (optional)
- Sliced sourdough bread, lightly toasted and cut into rounds, points, or squares
- Whisk together olive, dijon, Worcestershire, lemon juice, and salt. Toss with remaining ingredients. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Season tartare with fresh pepper and salt, then spoon 1 tablespoon over toast, packing it down to hold, and garnish each toast with 1/4 teaspoon of horseradish mayo and a couple of microgreens or a piece of chive.
cooking for luv http://cookingforluv.com/