22 Jun Beet Kombucha Lemonade with Ginger Rosemary Sugar
I’m pretty obsessed with Health-Ade’s kombuchas. Their beauty lies in the simple, no-fuss, bold vegetable and fruit flavors like Pink Lady Apple, Carrot, and my absolute favorite: Beet. The earthy and sweet flavor of the beets marries so well with the bubbly tang of the fermented tea, and the color is just out of this world. When combined in this recipe (a la Arnold Palmer style) with sour lemons, spicy ginger, sweet honey, and bright rosemary- this probiotic gem gets taken to a whole new level. Spike it for an alcoholic treat at your summer BBQs or keep in virgin for a refreshing drink fit for any occasion!
- 1/4 cup tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- Rosemary sprigs and/or lemon slices
- Crushed ice
- Mix lemonade ingredients in a glass, adjust sweetness with more honey if desired.
- Mix all sugar ingredients in a bowl.
- Swipe the edge of an empty glass with a lemon wedge, then dip in the sugar to create a rim.
- Pour drink into rimmed glass that is filled with crushed ice and garnish with a rosemary sprig or lemon slice/wedge.
- Add a splash of vodka or replace the 1 cup of water for your favorite beer or white wine
- Vegans: Swap out the honey for your favorite sweetener!